“Puffed Pancake served with some fresh cherries and dusted with sugar”
I know I know I have been missing since long ..I guess I was gone for almost a month and to tell you the truth I missed my blog and you guys each and every day. I have been undergoing some treatment and I was not in a situation to move my finger, to say the least.But this doesn’t mean that I was not cooking at all ..how can I.Cooking is my ultimate resort to get away from all the stress in the life. So I had to make up to you guys for not showing up for all these days and here I am with my Vanilla Dutch Baby Pancake.
Well if in case you have not heard about this lovely beauty then let me explain you a little bit about them. Dutch baby pancake, sometimes called a German pancake, a Bismarck, or a Dutch puff is a sweet popover that is normally served for breakfast.It is baked in the oven till it becomes all puffed up and somewhat golden in colour.
If you will look at the picture above, you can see how does it will look once it is done.Well it might look intimidating but to tell you the truth it is one of the easiest recipes I ever made and it is so yum.It is slightly crisp on the outer side and soft on the inside.It has also got so many possibilities as you can serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or maybe a dollop of whipped cream.Also you can use any seasonal fruit instead of cherries.
And can you imagine that it just takes a total of 30 minutes for making this amazing dish.This can be a perfect option for your special Sunday breakfast with the family.You can let the kids choose their own topping to go with this Vanilla Dutch Baby Pancake and I am sure it will become your Sunday ritual soon. Don’t we all love doing things together with our family? Well, I did and I remember my childhood when my father used to cook his special chicken curry wherein me, my younger brother and mum all used to become Su Chef with my father being the head chef. These lovely memories with always hold a special place in our hearts
- ½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¾ Cup Milk
- ½ Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs Lightly whisked
- ¼ Cup Castor Sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- Preheat the oven at 200 C.Take a medium size skillet or cast iron pan and melt unsalted butter in it on medium heat. Keep it aside.
- Now take rest of the ingredients together in a bowl and blend it till becomes foamy. It might be slightly lumpy but that's ok.
- Pour the batter into the skillet and bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes or till the time it becomes all puffy and lightly browned across the top, and darker brown on the sides and edges.
- Serve it hot with some fresh cherries and dust some powdered sugar on the top.Enjoy !