“Tender Chicken Breasts marinated in herbs”
Hi guys.. I have disappeared for really long and if you follow me on Instagram then you might be aware of the reason.Well I was shifting to a new house in a totally new location and trust me it was such a stressful month but I am happy that we have finally settled in the new house and I am totally loving everything here 🙂
But I was cooking as usual and to my surprise, I cooked more than often in the mid of all chaos so I guess cooking is therapeutic for me. Just a couple of weeks back I cooked Tender Rosemary Thyme Chicken Breasts and I loved every bit of it.You know my love for simplistic cooking and this Tender Rosemary Thyme Chicken Breasts is one of the simplest dishes I have ever made.Herbs & long marination play the major role here.
Marination helps the chicken to absorb the complete flavour from rosemary & thyme and olive oil + lemon juice makes the chicken tender. It is also important to carefully flip chicken and cook from both sides while making sure that you are not overcooking the chicken. As overcooking will make the chicken hard and chewy which we do not want to happen.
What I love most about Tender Rosemary Thyme Chicken Breasts is the convenience coz if am aware that tomorrow I am gonna have a hectic day at work, I will simply marinate this chicken and keep in the fridge a night before. And voila just like that I am totally prepared for a homemade kickass dinner with minimum efforts. Cool right!
You can serve mashed potatoes and some grilled vegetables on the side.This meal is light on the stomach and does not involve too much effort to cook. You will love each and every bite of herb flavoured chicken. It is delicious and healthy at the same time.
If you are looking for more quick meal options then have a look at our quick meals under 30 minutes section.
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoon Rosemary
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Thyme leaves, or dried
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 4 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon Lemon zest
- ½ tablespoon Black pepper powder
- 5 Lemon wedges
- To begin making the Rosemary And Thyme Chicken recipe, take a big bowl and mix everything together except lemon slices and chicken breast. Now add the chicken breast and rub the marinate on chicken so that is it completely covered.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and marinate this in the fridge for at least one hour.
- After one hour take the chicken out of the fridge and keep it aside.
- Heat up a skillet and put the chicken breast on it. Arrange the lemon slices beside chicken and pour the left over marinate all over chicken and let it cook on slow heat in the marinade itself.
- Keep flipping the chicken and cook for 15-20 minutes until the chicken gets cooked. Overcooking might make the chicken chewy and tough. Serve it hot.