“Soya Chaap marinated in Tandoori Style and served with butter naan”
I am gonna start this post with a small confession…I had no clue what the hell was Soya chaap until one day one of my colleagues took me to a nearby eatery and there I had this juicy, succulent, meat like dish for the first time. If you just like me have not heard about this popular dish before then I am gonna throw some light and introduce you to this delicious food.
Soya chaap is a dish from South Asia and it is especially popular in India and Pakistan. Soya Chaap is basically made of soya bean and it mimics the texture of meat amazingly thus it a delicious treat not just for vegetarians but meat lovers too. My Tandoori Style Soya Chaap Curry is a spicy dish where tandoori chicken like marination plays the key role and make the chaap even more tender packed with flavors.
Apart from marination, fresh cilantro garnishing is also very crucial here coz it gives the dish that punch of freshness and also provides the required balance.I have served this Tandoori Style Soya Chaap Curry with 100% Whole Wheat yeast free butter naan along with fresh onion salad and believe me it was divine.The Butter naan is also totally fuss free like most of my recipes and you can drop me a message if you need the recipe.
This Tandoori Style Soya Chaap Curry will also taste super yum with some rumali roti and if you make coriander + mint chutney then nothing like it.I am not saying this can completely replace chicken tikka but its pretty close and you are gonna love it whenever you want to take a break from eating non-vegetarian food.By the way if you are a fan of tandoori non-veg dishes then you have to try my Tandoori Chicken recipe and you won’t eat at restaurants anymore.
If you are looking for more quick meal options then have a look at our quick meals under 30 minutes section.
- 6-7 Sticks of Soya Chaap
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger- Garlic Paste
- ½ Cup Yogurt
- 1 Red Pepper
- ¼ Cup Cheese, Grated
- 3-4 Green Chillies
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Whole Spices (Garam Masala Powder)
- 1 Teaspoon Tandoori Masala Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Kashmiri Mirch (Chili) Powder
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
- First remove the sticks from Soya chaap and dice them small circular pieces
- Next, take a bowl and add diced soya chaap, ginger-garlic paste, and salt together.Use your hands to rub the mixture on soya chaap.Let it marinate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take the red pepper and keep it directly on gas (fire) for roasting.Roast till it gets charred from all the sides.Let it cool down for few minutes.
- Use your hands to remove the burnt skin from the pepper.Grind the roasted pepper & green chillies together.
- Now take the marinated soya chaaps and add red pepper paste, whisked yogurt, grated cheese and all the spices into it.Give it a good stir so that soya chunks are properly coated.Cover the bowl with a cling film & leave it for another 15 minutes of marination.
- Once marinated, then heat up oil in pan and first add the soya chunks in order to fry them.Cook them for 7-8 minutes and then add the left over marinade into the pan.
- Cook on low heat till the gravy starts thickening.Adjust salt as per your taste and turn off the heat.
- Garnish it with some fresh coriander leaves & serve it with butter naan + onion salad.