“Kung Pao Chicken Spaghetti is a spicy stir-fry Chinese dish tossed with some spaghetti“
Well, I am crazy for Chinese food and I guess who isn’t! I mean look at the number of growing Chinese restaurants wherever you go in the world.There is something about Chinese food which just lifts up my mood on any given day.I eat Chinese on hot summer afternoons, gorgeous rainy evenings and especially on chilly winter nights so you can imagine my love for this cuisine.
Apart from the superb flavour, another amazing aspect is that Chinese is quite easy to cook and does not takes too much time.So Kung Pao has always been one of my favourite Chinese dishes and I have even cooked the vegetarian version of Kung Pao. And one hot summer afternoon I came across this Kung Pao Chicken Spaghetti which was even better coz you know it is a complete meal ready in just 35 minutes.I decided to make my own version and here I am with my Super Easy Kung Pao Chicken Spaghetti.
I have adapted recipe of Kung Pao Chicken from Rasa Malaysia and I am quite a big fan of Bee and all her recipes.I have cooked multiple recipes from her blog and she is my ultimate resort when comes to Asian Food.What I love about Bee is the fact that her recipes are quite simple and she never uses dozens of ingredients which are difficult to fetch.Do visit her blog for some super amazing Asian recipes.
- 2 Cups Cooked Spaghetti
- 1 Chicken Breast, Cubed
- 2 Tablespoon Peanuts, Roasted
- 6-7, Dry Red Chilies, seeded
- 4 Tablespoon Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 1.5 Inch Ginger, Julienned
- 1 Spring Onion
- 2 Tablespoon Cornflour
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Wine (optional)
- 2 Tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon White Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Water
- Wash and pat dry the chicken cubes using a paper towel. Take a bowl and add chicken cubes,1 Tablespoon cornflour, 2 teaspoon light soy sauce, rice wine, and oil.Mix everything well and let the chicken marinate for 30 minutes.
- Now take another bowl in order to make the sauce.Add 1.5 tablespoon light soy sauce, 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sugar, vinegar, water and 1 teaspoon cornflour.Mix it well and keep it aside.
- Next heat up a wok and add one tablespoon of oil and stir-fry the marinated chicken cubes.do not overcook them otherwise they will become hard and chewy. Keep them aside and clean the wok.
- Add 2 tablespoon of oil and heat it up.Add ginger and garlic into the pan and cook for few seconds then add the dry red chillies.Keep the gas on low.
- Once you start getting the aroma of red chillies, add the chicken cubes and give it a good stir.Next, add the sauce and peanuts into the pan and make sure that chicken pieces are coated with the sauce but cook it on low heat. After 5 minutes of cooking add the cooked spaghetti, green part of the onions (Chopped) and a very little amount of salt.
- Cook for few more seconds till the spaghetti is also covered with the sauce but make sure it is not getting too dry.
- Serve it hot after garnishing it with some more spring onions.
Super Easy Kung Pao Chicken Spaghetti is a perfect meal for days when you are in a mood for a Chinese meal but you do not have too much time in your hand.Do try this!
Love Gary 🙂