“Fruit Cream is a popular dessert from India made from cream & mix of fruits”
I have been living in Delhi since last eight years and I have seen both the good and bad face of the town.There are constant traffic jams, pollution level is quite high, weather is mostly super hot and there are queues where you go.But there is one factor which makes Delhi special for me over and above all the troubles.. that factor my dear friends is Food !Delhiites love eating and we have got something special for all the seasons and festivals. Whenever I go outside I come across some interesting dish which inspires me to cook.
So just two back Navratras (A 7 days fasting Hindu Festival ) have started and while going to office I spotted a famous eatery hanging big banners of special food menu for fast keepers.And one of the dish caught my attention which was this Quick Fruit Cream Dessert. I decided to make my own version of this dessert and here I am.
I had some relatives coming over and all of them were observing the fast so I decided to make this Quick Fruit Cream Dessert for the dinner.I added some shredded coconut as I love the flavour of coconut in milk based recipes. I am not bragging but everyone just loved my version of Quick Fruit Cream Dessert. Being a fulltime working women I always prefer to rely on no fuss quick recipes and this dish perfectly matched the criteria. Its like you just throw everything together and chill it in fridge for couple of hours and serve it when you have to eat.
Food tastes better when you eat it with family & friends!
Talking about this chilled dessert reminds of another cold desserts perfect for a summer evening which is this super easy Strawberry Icecream. This ice cream has no eggs and you do not even need a ice cream churner, so simple it is.You can replace the strawberries with any other fruit like mango or bananas and surprize your family everyday.
- 1 Cup Double Cream
- ½ Cup Condensed Milk
- 1 Cup Whipped Cream
- 2 Tablespoon Coconut, dessicated
- 4 Green Cardamom, Powdered
- 2 Cups of Chopped Fruits (Apples, Strawberries,Cape gooseberry,Mangoes)
- Take a big bowl and beat the whipped cream for few minutes or till the time it becomes stiff.
- Now add cream and condensed milk, cardamom powder and coconut into the bowl and mix it well.
- Next put all the chopped fruits and give it a good stir.
- Transfer this mixture into individual serving bowls and let it sit in the fridge for couple of hours so that it sets properly.
- Optional : Sprinkle some chopped dry fruits on the top before serving.