” A simple yet delicious Eggless Strawberry Cake with shredded Coconut topping”
This Easiest Eggless Strawberry Cake with Coconut Topping was specially baked for one of my close friend,Kanika. We used to work together two years back and I still remember eating delicious food from her lunch box.Her mum is an amazing cook and she is an expert right from Indian food to Italian. And how can I not mention her special masala chai which was such a saviour during Delhi Winters. So basically I love everything she cooks.
So my friend got married last year and moved to a different part of the city and both of us kept making plans to meet but somehow these plans never turned into reality. I thought that enough is enough and we have to meet somehow so fixed up a plan to meet her at her mum’s house. Also I did not wanted to miss aunty’s food so our venue had to be her home. I had promised her that I will getting her a eggless strawberry cake but that day I was swamped with so much household chores and I had no idea how I am gonna bake the cake.
So after procrastinating for hours I came across a super easy recipe at Aarthi’s Blog – Yummy tummy and decided to improvise with a whipped cream + coconut frosting.Well to put it bluntly it was such an easy recipe that I just threw everything together , put it inside the oven and went back to my household chores. After 30 minutes when I checked my oven, I was thrilled to see the colour and definitely it was not too spongy due to lack of eggs but it was super moist.
These days I love adding shredded coconut in desserts and decided to use it in this cake as well. The contrast of strawberry and coconut came out really well. My friend was pleased with the cake so all the hard work surely paid off.
- ¾ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Sugar, powdered
- ¼ Cup Canola/Vegetable Oil
- ¼ Cup Curd, whisked
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- A Pinch of Salt
- ½ Cup Strawberries,pureed
- For Frosting :
- 2 Tablespoon Whipping Cream
- 1.5 Tablespoon Shredded Coconut
- ½ Tablespoon Sugar,Powdered
- 3-4 Fresh Strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Grease a 8 to 10 cm cake pan with oil and dust with flour. Set aside.
- Take a big bowl and add all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Take strawberries in a blender and puree till smooth. Set aside.
- Take sugar, oil, yogurt in a bowl and beat till it gets creamy.
- Add in strawberry puree and give it a good stir.
- Add the flour mix and fold gently. Spoon this into the cake pan and bake for 20 to 25 mins.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Whisk the whipping cream till you can see soft peak.
- Add the powdered sugar into the whipping cream and beat it again.
- Frost the cake with the whipping cream and sprinkle some shredded coconut on it.
- Decorate the top with some fresh diced strawberries.
If you liked this Easiest Eggless Strawberry Cake with Coconut Topping then do try my other cakes as well as all of them are pretty easy and fuss free. Try Marble Cake , Lemon cake, Eggless Chocolate Cake ,Blueberry Muffin Cake and No Fail Banana Choco Chip Cake.