“Street Style Burger stuffed with spicy potato patties and some spicy chutney”
One of the best reason of living in New Delhi is the vast variety of street food you get here right from the Momos to Spring rolls to Aloo chaat to Burgers. Every dish has a local touch the taste slightly varies from seller to seller.I absolutely love eating all the street food despite the occasional Delhi Belly.. just kidding. Touchwood I never had any trouble after eating street food but during the summers you have to remain careful so I choose to cook at home instead.This weekend I decided to cook Aloo Tikki Burger Street Style which is my husband’s favourite.
Homemade potato plus peas patty topped with some green chutney makes this Aloo Tikki Burger so so tasty.Well every vendor who sells these burgers have got their own version of each ingredient right from the patty to the sauce.So I have basically taken inspiration from all my favourite sellers like I cooked patty inspired from different seller and chutney from different.
“The only thing I like better than talking about food is EATING”
And obviously, I have added my own little touch to this dish to make it mine kinda of Aloo Tikki Burger Street Style. It is quite easy and if you plan ahead you can make it for your weekend breakfast or carry it as your picnic snack.You just need to purchase the burger buns and boil potatoes before hand.
- For Patties:
- 3-4 Potatoes, Boiled
- ½ Green Peas, Boiled
- 1.5 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1.5 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- For Burger:
- 2 Onions, Circled
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber, seedless
- Fresh Lettuce
- 4 Burger Buns
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- For Green Chutney
- 1 Bunch, Fresh Coriander Leaves
- 1 Bunch, Mint Leaves
- 3-4 Green Chillies
- 1 tomato
- ½ inch Ginger
- Grind all the ingredients of the green chutney together to make a thick chutney.Keep it aside.
- Mash potatoes and peas together and add all the spices + salt into the mashed potatoes. Divide this dough into 4 parts and shape each part into a round patty using your hands.
- Heat up some oil in a pan and fry each patty from both sides until it becomes a bit crispy on the outer side.Keep this aside.
- Cut each burger in middle and divide it into two parts.Heat up a griddle and melt the butter on it.Pan fry the burgers till the lightly crispy on the outer edge.
- In order to assemble the burger; first, take the lower part of the burger, put the clean lettuce leaf on it, next place the patty on it then some green chutney.And in the end, top it with onion, cucumber & tomato circles.Put the other half of the burger on top.Follow the same step for other burgers.
- Serve these with some hot tea.
Let’s stay connected! Say Hi to me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.