Nothing can beat a dessert made from white chocolate.. the sinfully beautiful taste of white chocolate lifts up any dessert.So last weekend I decided to make white chocolate muffins.The hidden cherry inside the muffin gives a surprise and tangy flavor just hits and makes you go gaga and my family totally loved it.I am sure your’s will also love it.
This recipe has been inspired from one of my favourite blog Cookies & Cupcakes.The original recipe has used blueberries but I really wanted to experiment with my recently purchased red cherries.I am so happy that it turned out to be one of the most beautiful dessert I made.You can also add strawberries instead of red cherries.
RECIPE:White Chocolate Cherry Muffins
Prep Time:20 Minutes Baking Time:25 Minutes
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces chopped white chocolate or white chips
- 1 cup frozen Cherries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven at 200 Degree Centigrade.
- Take a large bowl and combine the butter, egg , vanilla extract and sugar. Stir in the baking powder and salt until combined. Next stir in the milk and then the flour, mixing until combined.
- Add the red cherries and white chocolate and mix it delicately.
- Line the muffin tin with liners & fill the liners with batter.
- Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes until the centre is set.
- Remove the muffins from the tray and let it cool down for 10-15 minutes.
- For the glaze, you have to mix the powdered sugar and milk till the mixture is smooth enough.
- Top the muffins with glaze when they are still warm.
- Let it cool down for few minutes and then you are good to go !