Hey Guys..Happy New year !! I know ..I am late but I thought better late then never.I have been really swamped with work this whole month and guess what ..I also received the “Youngest Achiever” award.Not bad start of the year huh..Anyways I missed you guys a lot and so here I am back with a classic dish equally loved by kids and adults..BURGER !
I felt that most of my recipes are not vegetarian so today I thought I will prepare something for my vegetarian friends. If you like eggs in your burger then you can add fried eggs .
Prep Time:30 Minutes Cooking Time:20 Minutes
- 4 Burger Breads
- 8 Tablespoons Mayonnaise (you can opt for egg-less mayonnaise)
- 1 Medium Size Onion (Thin Sliced)
- 1 Medium Size Tomato (Thin Sliced)
- 1/2 Cucumber (Thin Sliced)
- 4 Cheese Slices
For Burger Patty:
- Boiled potatoes – 3nos ( medium)
- Cooked peas – 1/4 cup
- Garlic crushed – 4 nos
- Thick Aval – 1/2 cup ( soaked in water)
- All Purpose Flour – 1.5 tbsp
- Salt & water – as needed
Spices for Patty:
- Chilli flakes or paprika – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- All Purpose Flour – 1/2 cup
- Corn Flour – 1/4 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Water for Kneading
Bread crumbs – 1 cup (Slice the brown ends of the bread and powder it in a mixture.)
- Mash the boiled potatoes and peas together using a masher to make a smooth dough.
- Add the spices, Aval , All purpose flour , garlic and salt into the dough and mix everything properly.Use water to kneed the dough well.
- Wrap the dough in a polythene sheet like a cylinder .Let the dough sit in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Take the dough out from fridge after 30 minutes and cut it into roundels.The size of the patty should be the size of burger.Roll the patty on the kitchen counter to bring uniform thickness and to make a perfect round.
- Prepare the batter for frying the patties.Dip the patties into the batter and then coat it with bread crumbs.
- Heat oil to deep fry and check the temperature by dropping a pinch of batter.Cook only in low flame till they turn golden brown in both the sides.Flip it whenever needed.Deep fry,remove & drain in a tissue.
- Slice the burger into two halves and lightly toast them for inner sides.
- Spread the mayonnaise on the lower half of the burger.Now put the lettuce on the burger, then adjust the patty above it.
- Put the cheese slice over the patty and top it with onion, tomato and cucumber.
- Put the toasted upper half of the burger and eat it while it hot.