“Spinach Tomato Soup Italian Style” is my answer to craving for comfort food combined with nutrients.It has spinach, it has carrots and it has tomato and some penne pasta.Nutrition plus taste ..what more I could have asked for.I have decided to go on a soup diet at least twice a week to cleanse my system and get the necessary nutrients which we normally do not get.Do try this at-least once a week and you will feel a lot of difference.
Coming back to “Spinach Tomato Soup Italian Style”, what I like about this soup is the fact it does not takes too much much and it has not got too many complex steps.I made it while working on my laptop so you can assume how easy it is.We all love elaborate recipes with complex flavours once in a while but in the daily routine most of us look for simple recipes which are quick.And this soup is one such dish.It is perfect for choosy kids who normally disappear as soon as they spot anything green on their plates.Once you make this soup for them and they spot pasta in it, I am sure they are going to love this.You are happily feeding them nutrients and they are happy with soup pasta.It’s a win win situation for everyone.
This soup is wholesome and hearty and I feel so satisfied and fulfilling after having it.I normally cook soups on Mondays and Fridays as Mondays marks the aftermath of having all junk on the weekends and friday prepares me for the war..funny right but this works for me and my family.And moreover winter is the perfect time to cook soups in India as it is cold and also we get so many fresh vegetables which is otherwise not available in the market.And even if you do then mostly they do have that seasonal freshness.
I will be coming up with some more winter soup recipes so keep watching this space guys..Lots of Love !
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 Onion,Medium Size, Fine Chopped
- 2 Carrots, Chopped into circles
- 2 Cups Spinach, Blanched, Shredded
- 3 Tomatoes, Lightly Pureed
- 5 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
- 4 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 Tablespoon Red Chill Flakes
- 1/2 Tablespoon Paprika Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Boiled Penne Pasta
- 1/2 Tablespoon White Vinegar (Optional)
- 1/2 Cup Baby Spinach for garnishing
- Heat Olive oil in a pan and once it is hot enough, add crushed garlic and cook for few seconds.
- Now add chopped onion into the pan and cook for a minute.
- Once the onion has become translucent, we need to add paprika powder, black pepper powder, oregano and give it a stir.
- Now add blanched spinach, slightly pureed tomatoes,chopped carrots and salt into the pan.
- Mix everything well and cook for few seconds.
- Add the vegetable stock now and stir it again.Now you can add white vinegar if you want to give a tangy twist to this soup otherwise you can skip this step.
- Let the soup cook on low heat and keep stirring in between.
- After 15-20 minutes, you will realize that the soup has started thickening and at this point you can add the boiled pasta and red chili flakes.
- Do a taste check and see if you need to add more salt or black pepper as per your taste.
- Now let the soup cook for another 10 minutes and add baby spinach (Blanched).
- Cook for another 5 minutes and your soup is ready.Serve it hot !
- Note:You can Maggi's Vegetable stock cubes or make fresh stock as home.