Summers are back and I am already scared as summers are in Delhi are dreadful.Its just mid April and temperature has already touched 44 degrees.. Can you believe it ! Any-who I am preparing myself to survive the heat and trying out various coolers, Popsicle, ice-creams and whatever food which can keep me cool.So just couple of days back, I tried this super easy strawberry ice cream.
And did I just forgot to mention, this recipe needs just three ingredients..ahh I totally love it and I am never going to buy strawberry ice cream from market.I particularly loved the fresh taste of strawberry which you will never get in the icecreams available in the market.
Initially I was skeptical about making this recipe because I was scared that I am using any ice cream churner and it might get crystals after freezing.. but the final result totally surprised me , it was so creamy.Just have a look at the pictures, the texture looks amazing. But the best part is that I have not used any sugar while making it.The ingredients were itself sufficient to sweeten it, still if you found of sweeter version then you can add powdered sugar to make it bit sweeter.
Prep Time:20 Minutes Freezing Time:10-12 hours
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Condensed Milk
- 1 Cup Fresh/Frozen Strawberries
- Cut the strawberries into small pieces and make a puree out of them using a mixer.Keep it aside.
- Take whipping cream in a big bowl and keep it whisking till you are able to see the peaks.
- Now add the condensed milk into the whipped cream and whisk it again for like 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add pureed strawberry to bowl and whisk everything together till everything is mixed properly.
- At this point you can taste it and decide if you want to add powdered sugar if want it more sweet.Whisk again if added sugar.
- Now take a loaf pan and transfer the mixture into and cover it tightly using a cling wrap.
- You can have to after 5-6 hours but for best results, leave it overnight in the freezer.