“No Fail Banana Choco Chip Cake” is my holiday special dessert for you as it is the ultimate comfort food to embark this holiday season.It is moist and has chocolate so what more can you ask for.I made this last Saturday for a get together at my place.Everybody just loved it and someone even complimented that this cake was soul satisfying which was a huge compliment!
I have been looking for a good banana cake since really long and this is not the first time I have baked a banana cake.But in my previous experiments all the cake had a taste of banana which kinda overpowered the whole cake.This why I call this one a “No Fail Banana Choco Chip Cake” as it has got the perfect balance of sweetness from banana and other ingredients.
I have not frosted this cake as I am not a big fan of frosted cake but if you like you can try a chocolate ganache or may be some whipped cream or something as simple as dusting some icing sugar.This cake can be served even for breakfast or as a tea snack.It is light and has perfect level of sweetness which goes with every meal.I am telling this from my experience as I had it for all the meals..Ooh boy I am not going to loose any weight …am I ?
“No Fail Banana Choco Chip Cake” is my ultimate redemption for all the failed experiment in the past with banana cake.My finicky husband who hates any dessert made out of banana also approved it so I can say safely that this is a no fail recipe.
I love baking cakes in winters ad obviously tend to gain some more extra kilos but there is something about winters which keeps me excited even after a long day at work.So be prepared for more cakes, muffins and soups coming in your way. Adios till next time
20 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1-1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2-3 Ripe Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Castor Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter,Room Temperature
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Grease a baking tin with butter and dust it with some all purpose flour or line it with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven 180 C.
- Take a bowl and sieve all purpose flour,baking powder and baking soda together.This is an important step so please do not skip it.
- Next take a bowl and mash the ripe bananas using a fork or spatula.Keep it aside once it is done.
- Now take another bowl and beat butter, castor sugar together till the mixture becomes creamy.
- Add eggs one by one to the butter sugar mixture and keep mixing.
- Now add vanilla essence to the above batter and mix it well.
- Its time to add flour mixture to this so add the flour slowly and keep whisking.
- Add the mashed bananas and whisk the batter till the time everything is mixed properly.
- Now add choco chips into the batter and fold it gently.Save some choco chips for sprinkling at the top.
- In the end transfer the batter in to the baking tin and sprinkle the choco chips on the top.
- Bake the cake for 30 - 40 minutes or till the time the tooth pick comes clean out of it.