I remember the time when I was not having an oven and how I use to crave for desserts. I am not a big fan for fried recipes so lots of times I felt so disappointed.I wish I knew this recipe back then.I had never tried Oreo based dessert before and I was skeptical.But it turned out awesome and I would recommend all the Oreo lovers to try this 100 %.
This a no bake tart so you can easily prepare it beforehand if in case you are having guests coming over.By the way I enjoyed it all alone with few concessional attacks from my hubby.You can easily store in fridge for 2 to 3 days and enjoy it after dinner.I have used cherries as the topping but you can use any other topping of your choice like strawberry or banana.I have also used chopped nuts and I loved it to the core as it gave a kind of crunchy lift to the pie.But if in case you are not a fan of nuts, you can use choco chips.
I hope you guys are liking my new website and it will mean a lot to me if you will share your thoughts and suggestions with me. After all you guys have been part of this journey since the beginning.I have started working on various recipes and very soon I will be coming up vegan, gluten free recipes.I have also thought about special recipe series for all the singles out there who struggle everyday with the same dilemma.. how to cook tasty food with minimum efforts..I have experienced this stage so I can understand your pain all my dear single friends.So keep watching the space.
RECIPE:No Bake Oreo Tart
Prep Time:30 Minutes Setting Time:5-6 hours (Overnight for better results)
- 32 Oreo cookies
- 1/2 Cup Butter, melted
- 200 Gram Milk Chocolate
- 100 Gram Semisweet Chocolate
- 200 ML Heavy Cream
- 20 Cherries or fresh strawberries
- Chopped Nuts(almonds, cashew nuts) or Choco chips
- Place oreo cookies into the bowl of a food processor and blend until crumbs form.
- Add melted butter and pour over the crushed cookies. Process until evenly moistened.
- Press cookie mixture with the back of the spoon and your fingers where necessary, into the bottom of the tart pan.
- Freeze until you prepare the filling, just for few minutes.
- In a small saucepan, place cream over medium-low heat for a few minutes to get hot. No boiling or simmering needed. Remove from heat, pour over chopped chocolate and let rest for 1-2 minutes. Stir until dissolved.
- Pour chocolate filling over oreo crust, and top with cherries or fresh strawberries.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup and sprinkle chopped nuts over it.Enjoy !