This Lamb & Thyme Ragu Pasta post has been been pending since long.I made it around 4 weeks back and I remember just after that I have been busy with work and some doctor appointments. Life is a bit out of track but food is something which is always makes me smile, specially when it is Italian.If you have been following my blog then you know I cook some or other Italian recipe at-least once a month.I have been meaning to cook this Lamb & Thyme Ragu Pasta since long time and fortunately I saw some minced lamb lying in the freezer from last night.I always thought that ragu has to be some kind of complex recipe but turns out it is so easy to cook.This may not be the most authentic version but definitely worth trying.
I guess Italian food palette is quite similar to Indians and this is the reason that Italian food is getting so much popular in India.I mean you will find pasta in 70 % of houses in urban India and we may not be cooking the most authentic version but we are surely getting there.
Ohh I forgot to mention that my Tandoori Chicken recipe recently got featured by Great Indian Food website and I would highly recommend this recipe if you love Indian Chicken Recipes.This is most tender chicken tandoori I ever had so it is a must try.
Coming back to Lamb & Thyme Ragu Pasta recipe if you do not eat lamb then you can replace lamb with minced chicken.Time is an important factor in this recipe as you need to give some to ragu to get cooked and absorb all the flavors from the all the herbs mixture.I have used spaghetti here but you are free to use penne, fettuccine or any other type of pasta.
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 500 Grams Minced Lamb
- 4 Tomatoes, Pureed
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Sprig of Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Soil
- Spaghetti,cooked Al dente
- First heat up some olive oil in the pan and once it is heated,then its time to add chopped garlic into the pan.
- Let the garlic cook for 2 to 3 minutes.And now we have to add the fresh tomato puree into the pan, give it a stir.Leave it for 2 minutes.
- Add oregano,red chili flakes,salt and thyme into the pan and mix everything well.
- Let the tomato puree and herb mixture cook for 5-7 minutes.Now you will start getting the aroma of the herbs and tomato.
- Add minced lamb into the pan and give it a stir well.
- Now let the lamb cook in the tomato herb mixture for good 15 to 20 minutes.And make sure it is not burning.
- You can cook it for 5 minutes more if you feel you need it to be a bit more dry.
- Serve the cooked lamb over spaghetti and grate some cheese over it if you like.Voila !! your Ragu Pasta is ready.