Today’s special is Instant Dahi Kabab which is my new find love. I am one of those lazy bums who bombard their fridge with supplies and then forget about it.So this happened yet again and I totally forgot about a packet of curd lying in my fridge for good 5-6 days.I opened the packet and ate it and it had became a bit sour.It was a 1 liter packet and I was really feeling frustrated but then it struck to me that there must be some recipe where I can use this curd. I kept browsing recipe books, googled very possible option and I finally settled upon “Instant Dahi Kebab” or quick curd fritters.
This is an apt option for using sour curd and a perfect appetizer for a party where you have some few vegetarian friends.. and I guess others are also going to love this kabab as well.By the way when I talk about kababs then I can not resist talking my moms ultimate super soft kabab recipe and guess what .. it is a vegetarian/vegan recipe.It is make of dal(pulses) and I will be sharing this recipe very soon. In-fact non-vegetarian can not even tell if it is a vegetarian dish and it has strong flavour of few Indian spices.
I have served these Instant Dahi Kababs with a super quick mango chutney and trust me you are going to love it.It has got raw mango, ginger , red chilli flakes , salt..just give it a blitz in a mixer and it is ready to serve.
You can also eat these kababs with some coriander mint chutney which includes mint leaves,coriander leaves , green chillies , ginger , garlic , tomatao, onion and some salt. This chutney is no fail dip and it goes with almost all the dishes specially with tandoori chicken or Tapioca and Corn Fritters (Sabudana Vada). Also the weather is getting a bit pleasant these days so I am much more excited about cooking even after a hectic day at work.You will be seeing some soups , hot curries and lots of yum food coming soon.With festivals around the corner , I don’t mind gaining few extra pounds 😉
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 Cup Hung Curd (Sour/Fresh)
- 1/4 Cup Gramflour Powder,dry roasted
- 1 Medium Onion, fine chopped
- 1 Inch Piece Ginger,grated
- 3-4 Green chillies chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- Mix Hung Curd, Gramflour Powder,Onion,,Ginger,Green chillies, Red Chilli powder,Black Pepper Powder,Cumin Powder,Salt everything well.Make sure that curd has not water otherwise it will be difficult to make patties.
- Now make small round patties for making kababs.
- Heat Oil and then you can either fry these use a griddle pan for making grilled kababs.
- Garnish these with fresh coriander leaves and onion slices and serve it with some chutney