“How to make Pizza Dough at Home” is a question which has haunted me for pretty long time.I used to make to pizza mostly with some store bought pizza bases and I swear those are no where close to ones you bake at home.This home made dough is 100 times better then at ready made base plus you can make it whenever you want at the comfort of your home.Activating yeast properly is obviously the major challenge while making dough for pizzas, bread, bagels etc.But once you learn the trick it becomes a child’s play for you.Also I think buying the right yeast is also extremely important.
And my search for right yeast ended at Bluebird’s Active Dry Yeast.I have used it multiple times now and now it is safe to say that I have found my perfect yeast.It is sometimes difficult to find this yeast so I buy multiple packs from Big Basket and keep them in my stock.Also it is important to seal the pack properly after using it as the air might spoil the yeast.
If in case you want to throw pizza party then you can make this dough a night beforehand and keep the dough in freezer.But make sure that dough is at room temperature before you start rolling the dough for making the pizza base.
“How to make Pizza Dough at Home” is answered now and believe me that if you follow this recipe to the T, you will get so amazing results.I have made bagels and pizza using this recipe and results were overwhelming and infact I also used wheat flour once to make a healthier version.And I must admit I was so excited with the results.
I love making pizza at home and I make everything from scratch ..from the base to pizza sauce.I would recommend you to try my Pizza Sauce as it is so easy and hardly take 15 minutes to cook.
20 minPrep Time
1 hr, 30 Cook Time
1 hr, 50 Total Time
- 3-1/2 Cups, All Purpose Flour
- 2-1/2 Teaspoon, Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Tablespoon + 1/2 Teaspoon, Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon, Salt
- 2 Tablespoon, Olive Oil
- Cling wrap
- 1 Cup, Warm Water
- Take a bowl and combine all purpose flour,1 Tablespoon sugar, salt and keep it aside.
- Now we have to activate the yeast so in order to so, we need lukewarm water and make sure that water is not hot otherwise the yeast will not get activated.Put your finger in the water and if you are able to keep your finger in the water then the water is perfect.
- Once the water is ready,add yeast and sugar into the water. Stir vigorously till the time it is mostly dissolved.
- Cover the cup/jar containing yeast water with cling wrap and let it sit for ten minutes.After 10 minutes you will notice the water getting foamy at the top.
- Now add this activated yeast water and olive oil into the flour mixture and start mixing it using at your hand.
- Now we dust your kitchen floor with some flour and start kneading the dough.Keep kneading for at-least 10 minutes.You will feel that dough has become a bit elastic.
- Now apply some olive oil inside of a bowl and transfer the dough into this bowl.Apply some olive oil on the top of dough so that it does not gets dry.Now cover the bowl with a cling wrap.
- We have to keep this dough in a warm place so we can keep it in a preheated oven or microwave.
- Let the dough sit for 1 and half hours and you will see the dough doubling up in size.It may take longer sometimes depending on the weather.