“Homemade Hot Cococa in 10 Minutes” is the my another special treat for you for the Holiday season.Christmas is just around the corner and I have very fond of Christmas while growing up.Although we never formally celebrated Christmas but going to a Convent school gave me a opportunity to explore this lovely festival.I remember me and my younger brother use to take permission from my mum to use one of the plants from her nursery as a Christmas Tree.Our hometown is a small town located in northern part of India and we never ever saw a real Christmas tree.But for me and my brother , decorating that plant from nursery became a part of our Christmas tradition.Our mum also started enjoying this small celebration and sometimes she even use to cake for us.
See festivals bring back so many memories and although I do not decorate a plant anymore, I do enjoy cooking all the Christmas delicacies and love the aroma of all the cakes and chocolate in my house.
Homemade Hot Cococa in 10 Minutes is my recenrt discovery although I have made it before but only used three ingredients which were milk, sugar and cocoa. I like chocolates and who doesn’t but I am one of though who can not beat excess of chocolate or sweetness.And this recipe strikes that balance for me.A pinch of salt does the magic here and creates a beautiful effect on the drink.
I am in a festive mode so I have added marshmallows, whipped cream , chocolate syrup and some sprinkles on the top of my homemade hot cocoa. Hehehe I seriously got carried away in the Christmas fever but you can make it bit simpler and just add whipped cream or marshmallows or may be just dust some cocoa powder before serving.So guys I am wishing all of you a “Merry Christmas” and have lots of good food & family time.
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 Cup Milk (Any milk)
- 1 Tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Sugar as per your liking /1/2 Tablespoon
- A tiny pinch of Salt
- Take a pan of boiling milk and add milk,cocoa powder and sugar to it.
- Give it a stir to mix it well.
- Switch on the gas and put the pan on it.
- Add Vanilla extract and stir it again.
- Add salt and mix it well.
- Let the milk boil and turn the stove off once it is boiled.
- Pour it in a mug and top it either with marshmallows,whipped cream or just dust some cocoa powder.
- This recipe makes one cup of Hot Cocoa and you can increase the quantity of ingredients as per your requirement.