In my last post I talked about “How to make Pizza dough at home” and I was so happy with the results. So after preparing the pizza dough, I decided to bake a “Homemade Classic Margarita Pizza” using cherry tomatoes and garnished it with some fresh basil leaves. Ohh it was so yum that I forgot all the domino’s & pizza huts pizzas which I used to love before.I realized that a homemade pizza made from scratch is the best way to enjoy pizza as we use all the fresh ingredients which makes it more delectable.
I have even used the homemade pizza sauce and I highly recommend you to use this sauce as it is fresh and aroma of basil and herbs makes it even more mouth watering. This sauce hardly takes 15 minutes to cook and you can make it a night earlier and use it next day.You can even make pizza dough beforehand and store it in fridge once the dough has risen.
You can also add sliced onion pieces in this pizza or you can even use some corn.This is a very interesting for a “make your own pizza night” where your guests can choose their favorite pizza toppings and bake their own pizza using the ready pizza bases.This pizza is quite fulfilling and one pizza is enough for one person so this makes it a perfect party food for a small get together with friends.
Chicken lovers can add some shredded chicken into the pizza.And in order to do so you need to boil a chicken breast, shred into small pieces using knife or your hands.Heat up some olive oil into a pan and saute the shredded chicken pieces for couple of minutes and sprinkle some salt and pepper on it.Do not over cook otherwise chicken will loose its tenderness.
But do try this Classic Margarita Pizza as smoky flavour of cherry tomatoes coupled with fresh basil leaves is breath taking.
Serves Medium Size
30 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 4 Tablespoon Pizza Sauce
- 8 - 10 Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 8-10 Basil Leaves, Fresh Leaves
- 1 Cup, Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
- 2 Teaspoon, Red Chili Flakes
- 2 Teaspoon, Oregano
- Olive Oil
- All Purpose Flour for dusting
- Preheat the oven at 200 C
- Use the pizza dough recipe for making the base of the pizza.It will make around two medium size pizzas.
- Divide the dough into 2 or 3 balls depended on the size of pizza you want to make.
- Now dust you kitchen top with some all purpose floor and knead the pizza dough once and start rolling into a circular shape.
- You can use a rolling pin to give it a circular shape but make sure it is not sticking to the kitchen top.
- Once you have given it a circular shape, use your hands to shape the edges of the pizza base.
- Now spread some olive oil on the pizza base using a brush.
- In the next step, we have to spread the homemade pizza sauce (Recipe available on the blog) on the pizza base.
- Now take the halved cherry tomatoes and arrange them all over the pizza.Sprinkle the 1 teaspoon red chili flakes,1 teaspoon oregano all over the pizza.
- Sprinkle few drops of olive oil over the pizza and then spread the grated mozzarella cheese all over the pizza.
- Now transfer the pizza to the baking tray and put it in the preheated oven.
- Bake it for 15 to 20 minutes or until the time pizza looks golden and you will also notice the pizza base getting bigger once it is in the oven.Please note that every oven has different setting so keep a check on your pizza and make sure it is not getting burned.
- Once the pizza is ready, garnish it with some fresh basil leaves, slice into 4-5 pieces and serve it hot.