Today I am sharing an egg-less lemon cake recipe which is a perfect solution for my cake craving vegetarian friends.If in case you have not tried lemon cake yet then I would strongly urge you to try this one.I had my first lemon cake at an amazing cafe in my neighborhood and I really loved the freshness of lemons and unique flavor of the cake.
I have also shared my Eggless Chocolate Cake and I must say that egg-less cakes are not tough;you just need to know the correct ingredient for replacing eggs.Here in India, we normally get limes not lemons but lemons are easily available in supermarkets .Also please make sure that lemon is fresh as zest of the lemon is also a crucial part in this cake.We are using buttermilk in this recipe and if you are not having buttermilk then you easily substitute it with a mixture of milk and vinegar.
RECIPE: Eggless Lemon Cake
Prep Time:20 Minutes Baking Time:20 Minutes
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk (Read method for the substitute)
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 3 Tablespoon Caster Sugar
- Lemon Zest of one big lemon
- Juice of one big lemon(Strained )
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Essence
- Preheat oven at 180 Degree Celsius for 10 Minutes.
- For preparing the Buttermilk:Take 1/2 Cup milk and add 1 Teaspoon white vinegar into it and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Take butter(room temperature) and sugar in a bowl and whisk it until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Add in the vanilla essence, lemon juice, lemon zest into the sugar + butter mixture and whisk it.Keep it aside.
- Take another bowl and add flour , baking powder and baking soda and whisk it properly.
- Now add the flour mix to the butter mix little by little, keep alternating with buttermilk.Please use a spatula to mix all the ingredients and do not whisk it otherwise the batter will be spoiled.
- Transfer the batter into a greased pan and cover the cake with a square piece of parchment papr whch will maintain the yellow texture of the cake.
- Bake for 20 minutes or check if the toothpick cleans comes out clean out of the baked cake.
- Decoration:I have used whipped cream for covering the cake but you can also have it without any frosting as the color of the cake is really beautiful yellow.
You can also try my Eggless Chocolate Cake if you are chocolate addict 🙂 Do share your feedback and yes HAPPY FESTIVALS !