Today, I am sharing an egg-less chocolate cake recipe for my dear vegetarian friends.To tell you the truth, I think the eggless cakes are the most technical cakes, as egg plays a major role in making a cake moist and airy and eggless cakes have to face the challenge to make the cake fluffy without the major ingredient.I have tried lot of eggless cakes and this is only recipe which I felt has done justice with the cake.The source of this recipe inspiration is www.spiceupcurry.com which is great blog for vegetarian recipes.Condensed milk is the crucial ingredient here as it brings both moisture and sweetness to the cake.
RECIPE: Eggless Chocolate Cake
Prep Time:20 Minutes Baking Time:30 Minutes
- 1.5 Cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 Cup Condensed Milk (Amul Mithai Mate)
- 1.5 Tsp Baking Powder
- 3 by 4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 3 Tblsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3 by 4 cup Unsalted Butter (Melted and cooled at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 by 4 Cup Water (Room Temperature)
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree C / 350 degree F for minimum 10 minutes.
- Next step is the melt the butter and let it cool till the time it reaches the room temperature level.
- Take a 9 inch round cake pan and use cooking spray to grease it.You can also use butter paper or refined oil to prepare you pan.
- Sieve all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder together in a bowl.Mix it properly with a whisk.
- Now take melted butter and water together in a bowl and whisk it properly.
- Add condensed milk into the butter + water mixture and again whisk it.
- Add vanilla extract and keep mixing until everything is mixed well.
- Now start mixing the dry mixture into the wet content.Make sure your adding the dry mixture in small batches otherwise it might get lumps or the batter might get very dry.
- Whisk it properly so that there are no lumps.
- Transfer the batter into the cake pan.Light tap on the counter-top so that batter spreads evenly and air bubbles also gets removed.
- Bake the cake for 30 minutes and check using a toothpick if the cake has been baked completely.If the toothpick comes out clearly it means cake is ready.
- Let the cake cool down and you can decorate with whipping cream like I did or you can use white chocolate ganache for enhancing its beauty.