I have never met anyone who is not a fan of chocolates and there is no reason also not to love it.A bite of decadent chocolate cake is the perfect solution to all the worries in the world.I was going through lot of stress at work lately and I thought let me bake a easy chocolate cake and enjoy a piece of heaven.
This is a basic& easy chocolate cake covered in silky chocolate ganache. The cake is moist and melts in the mouth which makes it so tasty.I have baked this cake in a bundt pan but you can also bake it in a regular round pan.You can skip the ganache if you like the basic cake.This cake is slightly lower on the sweetness index so you can increase the quantity of sugar as per your liking.
RECIPE: Easy Chocolate Cake
Prep Time:20 Minutes Baking Time:30 Minutes
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cups Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Butter Milk (Procdure given below)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 Cup Chopped Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 1 Cup Amul Cream
- 2-3 Cubes of Amul Butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 C. Spray the baking tin with cooking spray and dust it with some cocoa powder.
- For making butter milk ;add 1 Tablespoon white vineger into one cup milk and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Take a bowl and whisk cocoa, flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder for couple of minutes.
- In a large bowl beat sugar and oil togther until suger getsmelted.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract into the egg sugar mixture and mix it again.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients alternating with butter milk, starting and ending with flour mixture. Keep beating till the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into pans and bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.I baked it for 30 minutes.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces so that it easily melts into the creamTake the cream in a sauce pan and let it boil but keep stirring so that it does not gets burned.
- Once the cream reaches the boiling point, switch off the stove.
- Put the chopped chocolate pieces into the warm cream and leave it undisturbed for one minute.Let the chocolate melt into the cream on its own.
- After waiting for a minute, stir the cream and chocolate mixture and let the chocolate completely dissolve into the cream.
- In end, add the butter cubes which will give a beautiful shine to your ganache.
- Let it rest for a while and then you it use for covering you cake with the glossy ganache .If in case you want to use for frosting then leave it in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.