Today recipe is Crispy Tapioca Corn Fritters and this is a bit emotional post so please bear with me. Lately I have been feeling nostalgic and thinking a lot about my childhood, my parents , my younger brother,my hometown and all those memories.Truth to be told I feel a part of me still lives there in my hometown roaming on those familiar lanes and this Crispy Tapioca Corn Fritters is just a inspiration from all those golden memories. I remember those days when my mum used to keep fasts and make these tapioca fritters for herself. Funny thing was me and my brother used to make our cook these fritters specially for us also and we ended up asking to share some from her plate.She use to laugh and give us her share of fritters.She still does the same till date ..I guess moms never change and that’s what makes them so special.Miss those golden days …
So coming back to these lovely fritters, I have added corns here to make it a bit more crispy and served it with some Tomato and Ginger Chutney which is another recipe from my mum’s kitchen.The beauty of chutney is its simplicity and yet it is packed with various flavours. With the first hit you can feel the tanginess of tomatoes, sharpness of green chili, zingy flavour of ginger and it just goes so well with these Crispy Tapioca Corn Fritters. This can be your Sunday breakfast or even your evening snacks served with some hot masala tea.
If you want to make this chutney so just take 2-3 red tomatoes, 3-4 garlic cloves, 1/2 inch ginger, 2 green chilli and some salt.Put everything together in a mixer and blend it till you get a smooth mixture.Check the salt and if you want then just add a bit more salt.You can also add some fresh coriander leaves into the chutney and blend it together.Try this chutney and trust me on this ..it is going to be super hot in your family.
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 Cup soaked Sabudana (Tapioca Pearls)
- 2 Potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 1/2 Cup Corns, boiled
- 2 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Corainder Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Ready sabudana the night before by soaking them in water overnight.
- Mash potatoes in a bowl and add drained sabudana, boiled corns, green chilli, onion, cumin powder, coriander powder paprika powder, chopped onion and salt. Mix well and make even sized patties
- Heat oil in a pan for frying.
- Once the oil is hot, flatten each ball slightly and fry till golden brown.
- Serve these hot with some tomato and ginger chutney.