Spinach .. this word rings a danger bell for lots of us.It reminds us of something bitter and not so interesting but my dear foodies fact is totally different.Today I am sharing a very interesting creamy spinach pasta recipe which will be remove all your inhibitions about spinach.You will realize how tasty spinach can be if cooked in a right way.This pasta is not only creamy, it is full of flavors like garlic and Italian spices.If your kids are not a fan of spinach, this creamy spinach pasta is the ultimate way to make them fall in love with spinach.
This recipe is also a savior for all my readers who are single and looking for tasty yet healthy food without spending a hack of time in the kitchen.There can be multiple variations in this recipe as you can add mushrooms, corns or may be shredded chicken, chicken sausages.There are numerous possibilities in this recipe which makes it so special.
RECIPE:Creamy Spinach Pasta
Recipe Adaption: Tarla Dalal
Prep Time:15 Minutes Cooking Time:15 Minutes Difficulty Level:Medium
- 2 Cups Spinach
- 2 Cups Bow Pasta
- 5-6 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Amul Cheese Cube
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt as per taste
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- Boil water and add a pinch of salt into it.Once the water is hot enough, add pasta to it.Keep stirring in between and let it sit in water till the pasta is Al dente.
- Drain the pasta under cold water and keep it aside.
- Dice red bell pepper into small thin strips.
- Blanch spinach and wash it under cold water afterwards.
- Now chop spinach into thin long strips and make a smooth puree of it using a blender.
- Take a non stick pan and add olive oil into it.Heat the oil for couple of minutes then add chopped garlic pieces into the pan.Saute it for few seconds.
- Add chopped red pepper into the pan and let it cook for 1 minute.
- Add spinach puree into the pan and give it a stir.Let it for cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add milk into the pan and give it a stir again.Let it for another 3 minutes.Once you start observing boils,turn the heat low.
- Add grated cheese into the milk and spinach mixture,mix everything properly.
- In the next step you should add salt , red chili flakes and oregano into the pan and give it a stir again.
- Cook it for few more seconds and then add boiled pasta into the pan.Mix everything again and let it cook for 1 minute.
- Once you start getting the fragrance of cream and Italian spices, turn off the stove and serve it hot.
You can also try another creamy pasta I cooked couple of months back, Corn & Broccoli Pasta.