Hey guys.. I am back after a small gap..got really tied up with Office work and I was getting no time to update the blog but now I am back 🙂 So winters are slowly crawling in and I am so excited about comfort food.I am sure, I am going to gain some extra pounds.Nevertheless, here I am with my ultimate comfort food..super yummy layered apple crumble dessert served in a mason jar.The quality of apple really matters in this dish so make sure that you are using good quality apples.You can make this in advance and store it in fridge overnight and serve next day also.Kids will love it.
This is a traditional recipe with a slight twist and combination of apple crumble plus whipped cream is absolutly lovely.You can also top it with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream and your kids will love you more 😛 If in case you are not having a mason jar then you can also use a dessert bowl from which the layers are clearly visible.Do try this and let me know your feedback!
RECIPE:Apple Crumble in a Mason Jar
Prep Time:20 Minutes Baking Time:30 Minutes Serving:2
- 2 Washington Apples
- 1 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 3/4 Cup Cold Butter
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat the oven at 160 C.
- Mix Sugar(Keep 2 tablespoon sugar separate) , all purpose flour , cinnamon powder and cold butter with your hands in a big bowl.
- Use a pasty cutter to mix all the ingredients properly and rub the mixture with you fingers until you get the crumbly mixture.
- Wash the apples and peel them.Cut them into small square pieces.
- Soak the chopped apples into water so that they do not turn black.
- Take 2 Tablespoon water and 2 Tablespoon sugar in a sauce pan.
- Put the sauce pan on medium heat and soak the drained apples into it.
- Let the apple remain in sauce pan till the the time they become mushy.
- Turn off the gas and drain the water.Keep the apples aside.
- Take a loaf pan and grease with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- Prepare the whipped cream and keep it fridge from some time.
- Put the mushy apples into the loaf pan and cover them completely with crumbly flour mixture.
- Bake it in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.Once done then take it out and let it cool.
- For serving , make layers of apple crumble and whipped cream and your ready to go.
NOTE:You can also use vanilla custard instead of whipped cream.